SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, December 1, 2017

Friday No. Eight

If you don't like German shepherds, 1. you're crazy and 2. you will be super annoyed by this post because half the photos are of my beautiful Nyla girl. You've been warned haha! Yes, I am obsessed with my dog and no, I'm not ashamed in the slightest. Anyway, happy December aka it's officially official Christmas season!

1. I haven't done a Friday or catch-up post in a while so how could I not mention Canes football?! Even though we fell to Pitt last Friday (still heartbroken), this has been such an amazing season and I've loved every minute of watching my alma mater! This year, I am so thankful for Mark Richt because the U is back baby! Can't wait to beat Clemson tomorrow *she said hopefully*. And how freakin adorable is Nyla in the awesome DIY turnover chain I made using this plastic chain from Amazon, cardboard, and glitter!



2. Our Thanksgiving weekend was so fun because my sister was home for almost the whole week! 
Tuesday, I took advantage of Old Navy's early Black Friday sales and snagged this black watch plaid flannel swing dress I had been eyeing at 40% off plus these black booties too. It definitely runs large so I wish I had purchased a medium but they didn't have one in stock and I really wanted it so I settled for the large. Love the booties though, so comfortable, and the dress was perfect for my Thanksgiving food baby haha!


Wednesday night, I met up with my besties Ariel and Jackie to go out downtown on the infamous night before Thanksgiving where you see literally everyone you've ever met in high school. Even though it's overwhelming and a recipe for disaster, we had fun as always. Love my girls! 

Thanksgiving was hosted at my parents house, which is what we usually do every year and our menu was honestly a bit ambitious. For starters: a beautiful cheese platter with everything from Aldi and some burrata from Publix. I mentioned my love for burrata in my last NYC post and this dish was 100% inspired by that and so so delicious! I plated the burrata over arugula with sliced tomatoes and a drizzle of olive oil with salt and pepper and served it with sliced toasted baguette. Everyone was in love and it was so easy! 


For dinner, we had roast turkey with this compound butter, fried turkey, FRIED PRIME RIB (weird but surprisingly good and not greasy at all), stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans with onions and mushrooms, broccoli casserole (similar recipe), and gravy of course! 



And of course can't forget dessert! I made this awesome U pecan pie, inspired by Victoria's Aggie pie (thank you for the idea and help Victoria!) and my grandma made a classic pumpkin pie as always. I used this recipe, but used light corn syrup instead of dark because it's what I had on hand but it was amazing! Definitely will be using this recipe from now on because everyone was obsessed. 


Post pie puppy cuddles :)



Friday we laid low and for the first time in years, my sister and I didn't go black friday shopping! We just didn't feel like we needed anything but I did order this curling iron from Ulta at half price and a pair of my favorite jeans from American Eagle too since they were 40% off. Friday night we met our family friends for a round of mini golf at our favorite place in Cocoa Beach called Lighthouse Cove that has the yummiest ice cream and craft beer for the not kiddos. And I made it into the hole in one club on hole #17!!


My mom captured the sweetest photo of Parker and my sister on our way out of dinner. These boys are like family to us and we used to nanny for them every summer so have known them forever! 


We spent the weekend having more family time and decorating for Christmas which was so nice! I somehow found the time to make this DIY front door mat I've been meaning to make since my mother's bday in JUNE. It was so easy, I don't know why I waited so long! Maybe I'll make a post for this DIY soon because I think it came out so cute. 



3. And finally,  I am soooooo ready for Christmas!!! I've been decorating, listening to festive tunes, and buying gifts like crazy! Mean Girls is in my top five all-time favorite movies so when I saw this shirt as part of Shop Riff Raff's Holiday collection, I preordered immediately. I've had it for a couple weeks now and couldn't wait to whip it out the day after Thanksgiving because I just think it's hilarious and the quality is actually so great! I will definitely be purchasing more tees from them even though they're a little pricey and plan to wear this one all month long! 


Doesn't everyone have a festive holiday lock screen of their dog with Santa? Nope? Just me? I'm cool with that :)


I also wanted to mention I'll be participating in Victoria and Sarah's Christmas linkup as much as possible this year, starting Monday so get ready for lots of holiday posts! 

How was your Thanksgiving? 

1 comment :

  1. Cool blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your design.Alexandr Shcolyar

    ReplyDelete