SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Crowd Pleasing Crock-Pot Hot Chocolate Bar

This past Saturday was our annual family Christmas Party which always coincides with our city's holiday 2 miler known as the Jingle Bell run! This year while I was planning all the goodies I would make for the party, I was really hoping it would be chilly and we could enjoy a hot chocolate bar after the run. Well no such luck with the chilly weather (Christmas in Florida probs), but I did end up making an adorable hot chocolate bar that everyone loved! I was actually pleasantly surprised by how many people complimented on it! 


Crock-pot Hot Chocolate Recipe

Ingredients:
6 cups of milk
1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
12 oz package of milk chocolate chips 
1 tsp of vanilla extract

1. Combine all ingredients in crock-pot.
2. Cook on low 2 hours or until chocolate is melted, whisking every 15 min or so to combine.
3. Set to warm once all ingredients are combined and hot chocolate reaches desired temp.
4. Serve in mug! Optional mix-ins/toppings include Bailey's Irish Cream, mini marshmallows, and crushed candy canes. 

**I doubled this recipe for my large crockpot


I served my toppings in little matching black bowls and mason jars with spoons and made a DYI chalkboard sign with a wood slice, chalkboard paint, chalk pen, and frame stand from Hobby Lobby. I absolutely loved the way the sign turned out and can't wait to reuse it during other seasons and at other parties with different messages!  



On top of the hot chocolate, I also made holiday cranberry moscow mules, cheesy pull apart "crack" bread, and crock-pot queso. The mules were delicious, the crack bread is always a go-to (I always double the butter and use shredded cheddar instead of American though), and the queso (I used the velveeta queso blanco) was so so good it's definitely a new go-to recipe! 



Overall, the night was so fun! It's one of my favorite events of the whole year :) We had an appetizer and ugly sweater contest that were a hit and the best surprise was my dad dressing up as Santa and surprising all the kiddos (who were beyond excited)! 

No comments :

Post a Comment