SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Christmas Gift Guide for the Eco-Girl

Just in case you're still on the hunt for some gifts, I've put together a pretty unique gift guide (in my opinion haha)! I haven't seen one like this before and I really hope you enjoy this list of eco-friendly and sustainable gifts, perfect for any current or aspiring eco-gal in your life... or yourself because you don't have to feel bad about buying something that's good for the earth, right? Logic. 


LUSH Cosmetics: LUSH products are hand made, cruelty free, organic, and most are vegan as well. They also use recycled packaging and you can even get free product for returning containers to their stores! I love their bath bombs, soaps, and face masks

Clean Surf Apparel: This company is owned by a family local to my hometown of Satellite Beach and 10% of sales goes to the Surfrider Foundation which protects and preserves the world's oceans, beaches and waves. Their tees are made of organic bamboo and cotton so they're super soft and so cute! Check out their other styles, hats, and stickers here

HydroFlask: A HydroFlask is similar to a Yeti and can basically keep drinks cold for days but more practical for on-the-go since they have a cap. I first got a HydroFlask gifted to me by my mentor a couple years ago before they were cool and I absolutely love it for working in the field. I fill it with ice and add water from another bottle gradually to cool it down. If you or someone you know still drinks out of plastic water bottles, stop it right now and buy them a reusable one please haha! Bonus points if you buy them cool stickers to decorate it too. 

Kale Yeah Reusable Bag: If you have a kale lover in your life who frequents the farmer's market, they NEED this bag. Plus this is an etsy find and I love supporting small businesses! I'm not gunna lie, I'm super guilty of forgetting to bring my reusable bags to the grocery store so I can skip plastic but Aldi has helped a lot with that since they literally do not give out bags. One of my New Year's resolutions will definitely be to reduce my consumption of single-use plastics, especially plastic bags. 

Aluminum Reusable Straws:  Along the same lines as reusable water bottles and bags, reusable straws are a great gift for anyone trying to reduce plastic use. Straws are one of the most common plastics found in beach/ocean trash and landfills and even reusable straws made of plastic can contribute to ocean micro-plastics when they are washed and particles go down the drain. These aluminum ones look great since they're not made of any plastic and even come with a cleaner. I'll definitely be picking up a set for myself and keeping one or two in my purse to use at drive-thrus and restaurants so I can say "no straw please" :)




My Favorite Gifts Ever:

If you hate the Earth and being ecologically responsible (totally kidding), I also put together a list of some of my favorite nicer gifts I've received over the years and still use all the time which I think would make great Christmas gifts! I use my Longchamp purse and GVP flat iron (CHI quality at half the price) everyday and have had them both since Senior year of high school so almost 5 years now. Alex and Ani bracelets are also such a staple gift for me because you can really personalize it to the person and I wear the ones I've been gifted all the time. Also love my Polaroid camera and Justin cowboy boots as well! 

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year Christmas Linkup with Victoria Strader, Sarah at Meet the Shaneyfelts, and Whimsical September



No comments :

Post a Comment