SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, December 4, 2016

My DIY Halloween Costumes + Brunch in the Gulch, Nashville



{bodysuit: forever21, bralette: free people, skirt: target, boots: Justin}

Pretty late to the party on this (sorry bout that) but I wanted to share with you all my diy Halloween costumes from this year and my last few pics from Nashville! I pretty much always like to make my own costumes for Halloween, store bought are over priced and everyone has them. I like to think I'm original when I craft up my own, even though I'm really not haha! The ideas that made the cut this year: the golden goddess butterfly snapchat filter and the house from Stranger Things.

Butterfly Filter Costume: Hello, favorite filter because it makes me a beautiful bronze goddess (so glad they brought this one back by the way), had to do it when I saw it on pinterest! I purchased a butterfly shaped die-cut punch and cut about 16-20 butterflies out of sparkly gold cardstock (both from the craft store). Then, I hot glued bobby pins sandwiched between two of the butterfly cut outs so that about 2/3 of the bobby pin was visible. I pinned about 4 butterflies to each side of my hair and did my makeup very gold/bronzey with LOTS of highlight. This costume was super simple because I was able to dress however I wanted. Is it weird that simple costumes make me feel so much more adult?



Stranger Things house: Costume numero dos was a major hit! I got compliments multiple times in just about every bar we went to that night and a couple people even stopped me for pictures haha. At the risk of being basic and having to fight through all the girls dressed up as Eleven, I decided to be inspired by the Netflix fad that was Stranger Things (side bar but this show was not nearly as amazing as everyone made it out to be... #teamBarb tho). After taking some hints from a youtube video, I purchased a light colored plaid shirt from goodwill with colors I thought went along with those of Will's wallpaper on the show and then painted the alphabet in black along the front. This costume was seriously fool proof because the lettering did not have to be perfect at all, just like in the show. I threw on some battery operated Christmas lights and nerdy glasses (ode to Barb) and voila! I'm a house, duh.




And finally, a few pictures from Sunday brunch in the Gulch neighborhood of Nashville. Please try the omelet tres at Saint Anejo for me, you'll thank me later. Ladies, we're talking a chorizo omelet smothered in queso plus 2 for 1 (strong!!) blood orange mimosas. The best meal I had in Nashville for sure! 






And of course I had to get my picture with the wings!

P.S. peep my Team Riggins shirt I am absolutely in love with
{original and my cheaper alternative find}

And with that, Nashville forever man


1 comment :

  1. Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me. Alexandr Shcolyar


    ReplyDelete