SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Savannah Part Two

Hey y'all, now for the rest of our Savannah girl's trip! After some time relaxing at the hotel and freshening up, we headed down Bay street for dinner. A barista from the coffee shop had recommended Treylor Park for southern comfort food, but by the time we got there there was probably about an hour wait! It looked so good and next time I'm in Savannah, I definitely want to try. After enjoying a park in front of the Cotton Exchange near city hall, we settled on Tondee's Tavern for dinner. Yummy fried pickles!!

{top: Abercrombie, jeans: American Eagle, shoes: Converse}






The majority of our choosing Tondee's was strategic as it was where our haunted pub crawl we had booked for the evening started! We knew we wanted to go on some sort of historical or ghost tour as Savannah is said to be one of the most haunted cities in the country. It was a fun night hopping from bar to bar. I absolutely loved all the history that seemed to come along with every building! We stopped at Tondee's, Moon River Brewing Company (loved their Belgian Wheat), Planter's Tavern at The Olde Pink House (we all ordered the delicious Pink Lady), and The 17 Hundred 90. 




I'm not going to lie to you, I was truly convinced the slave pens by River Street were haunted when our tour guide made us take out our phones to see if we could get a few orbs in the photo... until I realized my "scary ghost orbs" were nothing more than a reflection of the lights haha! Also, the women's restroom at Planter's has a seriously creepy back story. 0/10 would not recommend unless you want to be spooked like I was!





Sunday morning we took it easy and enjoyed a delicious brunch at the Funky Brunch Cafe. I am a self-proclaimed sausage gravy snob (probably because I'm spoiled by Maple Street Biscuit Company) but I was impressed by my biscuits and gravy breakfast! This place was super busy and had an hour wait, probably because you can also make your own pancakes at some of their griddle top tables. If you want to check this place out, I recommend arriving early!





After brunch, we strolled down Broughton Street to get back to our hotel. So many beautiful buildings! We hopped in the car to drive around and look at a bit more of the city. Our original plan was to spend a little more time at Forsyth Park (I really really wanted to see SCAD's Magnolia Hall, talk about porch goals), but it really started to pour so we decided to drive back down to Jacksonville to escape the rain before it got too bad! 

It was such a wonderful trip with my besties and I can't wait to go back again! Maybe when it's cooler haha. I'm so thankful to have had these girls as friends as long as I have. Love them to death! And Savannah now too!

No comments :

Post a Comment