SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Savannah Part One

Ah, Savannah was so fun! This weekend, my best girlfriends and I took a girl's trip to Savannah, Georgia. I've been close with these girls since 8th grade and I'm so thankful for our amazing friendship all these years. We kinda justified the trip to celebrate our 21st birthdays altogether and since Emily will be headed off to dance on a cruise ship for a few months real soon! Savannah is only 2 hours away from Jacksonville so it was a great little getaway and I had never been so was super excited to explore the city with my girlies :)

After driving up, we got to our hotel on Bay Street around 3 and immediately changed and headed out for food! Yes, we made matching shirts. Yes, we are extra. #SavannahSquad 


Our hotel was super close to City Market which was so convenient! The moment we booked our trip to Savannah I asked family and friends for any and all recommendations. I'm so thankful for that as we really enjoyed many of them! First on our list was Vinny Van Go Go's pizza, yum!


Next we stopped at the Wet Willie's in City Market, a fun frozen daiquiri bar. I got the Pina Colada mixed with Strawberry Daiquiri, so good! How cute is the little swirl the bartender made in the shape of a heart haha :')





We spent the rest of the afternoon shopping around City Market and down Broughton Street. One of my favorite finds were these brown suede wrap up sandals from Fabri'k. I wore them out that night and they were so comfortable thanks to the short heels!


{romper:Tobi, sandals:Fab'rik, earrings:Francesca's}

Saturday was a hot one but we spent the day exploring (and taking lots of photos clearly)!




{top and shorts:American Eagle, sandals:target(old), necklace:Altar'd State}

We had multiple people recommend we check out The Coffee Fox and we were down considering we are all coffee obsessed and it had great yelp reviews. Well, we were a little disappointed. The coffee was bitter, but maybe if you're a real coffee connoisseur you'll find something you like from their overly hipster-fied menu. I will say though, it was very cute in that little coffee shop! I think we would have been more pleased with one of the many other simple coffee shops we passed along our walk later in the day. For lunch, we ate at Molly Macpherson's Scottish Pub and Grill. We went at an off time so it was very quiet but we all loved our food! I got the Scottish Highland Toastie which had brie and cranberry so obviously I was happy!


We also visited Paris Market to drool over home decor. Their little coffee corner was so cute and it was fun to look at all the eclectic stylings in the store. My favorite was all their table and bar settings, including that awesome oyster chandelier. Hello, I need it. 





 To end the afternoon, we walked all the way to beautiful Forsyth Park! We stopped along the way in a few of the shops around SCAD. We all agreed, that this area of Savannah was our favorite with all the big shady oak trees and old homes! We spent a while walking around the park and then thunder sent us booking for the hotel and thankfully we made it in time before the rain. 





And that's all for part one, I'll be sharing part two on the blog this Friday so stay tuned!

P.S. Checkout my bestie Jackie's blog who'll also be posting about our Savannah trip! Her posts are just as cute as she is, you'll enjoy them I promise!

No comments :

Post a Comment