SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, August 4, 2017

Friday No. Six

Happy Friday friends! Friday fives are some of my absolute favorite posts to read from other bloggers so I'm really going to make an effort to write more of them. I low key love how disjointed they are, it feels like having coffee with a close girlfriend. Is that weird, haha? Anyways here we go!

1. July Catch-Up
Here's a little random compilation of some fun things we did this past month :)
             




{Navy dress: Lulu's, Shoes: Fabri'k (old, similar), Sister's maxi: Tobi}

Early July, we celebrated a close family friends 25th anniversary on the Indian River Queen. Such a fun night!


{Shirt: Wal-Mart diy (lol), shorts: American Eagle, flannel: Billabong, boots: Justin}

The next weekend, I headed to Tampa to visit my sister and see the Sam Hunt 15 in a 30 tour. Let's be real, we really only bought tickets so we could see Maren Morris aka our queen!

        

This past weekend, I headed to Tampa again to visit my sister but this time with my mom.Our first night, Victoria gave us a tour of her internship's lab at the Fish and Wildlife Research Institute in St. Pete. We even got to help with the project she's working on where they are using carbon isotopes from sea turtle eggs to find out where the mama sea turtles are feeding. Pretty cool stuff! We also ate dinner at Bodega in the "hip" part of downton St. Pete. I had seen Bodega on some Food Network show and man was it good! 





Saturday we enjoyed the beach and dinner with Victoria's boyfriend's family. PS how funny is my mom in her super touristy coverup and Ron Jon's hat. I think I need one lol!


Sunday, my dad and Nyla suprised us by meeting us in Clearwater bright and early! Nyla was originally supposed to stay with us as one big family but she was having some stomach problems the days leading up so we didn't think it was a good idea to stress her with the travel, but she was feeling better by Saturday. We had such a fun day going to lots of puppy friendly places in the Clearwater area: the dog beach on Honeymoon Island, ice cream in downtown Dunedin, and delicious greek dinner at the Acropolis my sister works at in Tampa!

      


2. Random favorites
Surf wax candle: Yup, somehow they bottled up the best smell on earth #dontevensurf #justlovethebeach
polaroid camera: I got this for Christmas and have been using it so much lately, but I don't think I've mentioned it on the blog. Trust me, it's very hard to look bad in a polaroid and they are just so cute.
Gold hoops: I literally wear these hoops non stop and I have never been a hoop girl, they match everything. I love them so much that after I lost one on St. Patrick's Day, I headed straight back to Francesca's to buy another pair. They're the perfect size and shade of gold. Plus, they're on sale for under $5 right now!
Podcasts: As a relatively new member to Bachelor Nation (started watching Ben's season last spring), I have become obsessed with all thing Bachelor recently (kinda sad). Ashley I. is one of my absolute favorite Bachelor girls ever and her I Don't Get It podcast is AMAZING! Even if you aren't a Bachelor fan, I highly recommend because her podcasts are mostly about dating and modern female struggles aka relatable af. I've also been enjoying Ashley's Almost Famous podcast with Ben Higgins and the Ocean Allison podcast which covers a wide range of ocean conservation topics.
Southern Charm: Another thing I'm really late to the party on lol. If you haven't watched this show you are so missing out. Think Real Housewives, but classier, takes place in Charleston, younger crowd, and includes boy drama too. Also, Cameron is absolute goals.

3. Volunteering with the Sea Turtle Preservation Society
In addition to volunteering with the zoo, I've started volunteering with the Sea Turtle Preservation Society helping out with nesting surveys in Cocoa Beach every Friday morning. It's my favorite way to start my weekend off, no matter how early I have to wake up :)


        

Last Friday, I got to help rescue 3 hatchlings that had gotten lost up in the dunes and help them back to the water. Best day ever!

4. Trip to DC... again
This weekend, my sister and I will be headed to North Carolina and back to DC for a couple of days but with my Grandpa this time because he's begging to see the museums and monuments! I feel like I haven't been home very much this past month, but I'm so excited to show him around DC, see my first MLB game at Nationals Park, and spend time with my sister before schools starts up for her.

5. Getting my fit together
I don't really want to go into too much detail on this because I may do a couple more inclusive posts later on, but I've been trying to adopt a more healthy lifestyle lately. One of my favorite vloggers, Mallory Ervin, recently lost weight crazy fast before her wedding using weight watchers and it really peaked my interest. I've tried weight watchers before and it didn't work for me, but this time around I've been much more faithful and really enjoying it. I'd love to share some of my go to recipes soon! Back in March I was also getting really good about exercising much more, but I kinda fell off that wagon once the summer heat hit so I'm slowly getting back. Cute new workout clothes helps haha! I love walking the causeway or to the beach with my pup, doing light weights or squats at home during tv, and a great HIIT workout class my gym offers.


xoxo, Olivia

No comments :

Post a Comment